Monday, March 28, 2011

Timely

Choosing to focus on moving forward in my life was a very timely choice. Why do you ask? SEVERAL events have occurred this semester that have forced me to make some very life-altering decisions.

I'm moving to New York City in 18 days. That was the big decision of the semester. And it wasn't an easy decision, though doesn't it seem like it would be an easy one?

I struggled with whether I should go for a long time. I prayed, would get the feeling that I should go. Then the next thing I knew, things weren't falling into place and it seemed like the right, or easy, thing to throw in the towel and go home for the summer.

I went back and forth for a long time. And finally, I told Heavenly Father that if things didn't fall into place by the end of the week, I wasn't going. Within the next couple days EVERYTHING fell into place. And I knew it was the right thing to go.

I've been pretty nervous about this big move in my life. But every time I feel a little bit nervous, I think about how I have been promised that IF I will be determined to go forward without fear, I won't be intimidated. I'm moving forward, and going into this fearless.

I'm grateful for past experiences in my life that have prepared me to make this big change in my life. I look back, and if I hadn't taken the necessary steps to gain experience in work and had never made connections with certain people, I would never be able to do this.

So while past experience is very detrimental to the opportunities that are given to you, it's important to move forward with your life and to not dwell on the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment